The Purchasing Department is here to provide a service…to make sure you have the necessary materials, supplies, and equipment to perform the District responsibility - education of students! With the exception of books, the manner in which we procure furniture, supplies, equipment, building improvements or repairs, or other work or purchases for the District must be in compliance with RCW 28A.335.190 .
Purchasing is responsible for initiating and maintaining effective and professional relationships with suppliers and is to serve as the exclusive channel through which all requests regarding products and prices are handled.
The responsibility for maintaining a continuous supply of goods and services necessary to support the operation of the District include:
- Ensuring the uninterrupted flow of materials of acceptable quality to the right place and at the right time.
- Developing reliable alternate sources of supply to meet District requirements.
- Treating all prices and technical information submitted by suppliers as confidential in order to preserve a good business reputation and obtain competitive prices.
- Complying with anti-trust laws and all other applicable state and federal regulations.
- Purchasing materials and services for the District at the maximum end-use value per dollar spent, considering the guidelines of price, service, quality and delivery.
- Resolving complaints on all purchases of goods and services.
- Providing leadership in the standardization of materials, supplies, equipment, services and procedures.
- Providing leadership in the management of inventories so as to meet District requirements at the lowest possible cost.
- Disposing of all materials and equipment declared to be surplus or obsolete to the best advantage of the District.