The Assistant Superintendent for Finance and Operations shall be responsible for the following:
- Filing the identification and location of agent form with the county auditor.
- Reporting to the Superintendent situations where he/she feels the district faces the greatest potential liability, the changes he/she feels should be made to reduce the risk and the estimated cost of such changes;
- Examining the feasibility of and conducting inservice education classes for staff in areas where he/she feels risk is great or can be lessened.
- Supervising the district’s insurance program.
- Annually reviewing the insurable value of the district’s buildings and equipment.
- Supervising an inventory of all real property and equipment – see policy 6801 – Fixed Assets.
- Processing all claims against the district as directed by the Superintendent.
Claims for Damages
- The district will provide each claimant with instructions for completing the district’s tort claim form.
- Claimants must submit Standard Tort Claim Form Packet.
- The claimant must complete all sections of the form, sign the form and submit it to:
Bellingham Public Schools
1306 Dupont Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
Business Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
Closed on weekends and holidays