- For phase 2 fields, provide input and recommendations for the design elements (e.g. field markings, lighting, fencing, seating, etc.) associated with synthetic turf field installations at Bellingham High School.
Basis for Establishment:
- As part of the bond approved by voters on Nov. 5, 2013 some existing grass fields at Bellingham and Squalicum high schools were replaced with new synthetic turf fields (Phase 1). The bond approved by voters on Feb. 13, 2018 provided funds to replace the remaining grass fields at Bellingham and Squalicum with new synthetic turf fields (Phase 2).
- Phase 2 will replace the existing grass baseball, softball, PE/soccer/football fields with new synthetic turf.
- Advisory to the superintendent.
Plan of Work and Timeline:
- Work together to advise on the necessary design elements associated with the phase 2 fields
- Help communicate and gather input as (staff, students, community/parents)
- Meet 2-3 times as needed
- Neighborhood/community project open house after we finish our work
- Co-chair Chad Larsen, activities/athletics coordinator
- Co-chair Curtis Lawyer, Director of Capital Projects
- Chris Carlson, assistant principal
- Steve Chronister, tennis coach and PE teacher
- Aaron Curfman, baseball coach
- Matt Zigulis, soccer coach and fourth grade teacher
- Jim Emerson, softball coach
- Katie Owen, athletic trainer/sports medicine teacher and CTE teacher
- Matt Read, Buildings and Grounds lead
- Gary Hodge, parent
- Brian Smart, capital projects manager
- Jeff Burke, project manager at DA Hogan