- Provide input and process for design elements, spatial adjacencies, and numeric programming associated with the new District Office.
- Review and provide feedback on schematic and design development drawings for the new District Office project.
Basis for Establishment:
- Prior to designing the administrative offices, a complete and accurate description of the desired program, work activities, as well as the functional, spatial and environmental needs must be established. This detailed description is referred to as design brief, also known as the design specifications. The design brief will help clarify and direct the scope of work and design requirements for the architects, engineers, and other professionals working on the building design and site plan.
- The committee is the recommending body to the superintendent.
Plan of Work and Timeline:
- The committee will work with the architects on the design specifications and design elements related to the new office building.
- Work on the design specifications will begin in March 2020 and continue through the spring 2020. Schematic design for the new building will be completed by fall 2020.
- The District Office Design Advisory Committee meetings will focus on site/building specific unique items associated with the new District Office.
- Six meetings and two tour dates are anticipated.
- Meetings will be held on Tuesday, March 31 from 9 a.m. to noon and Tuesday April 21 from 9 to 11 a.m. and Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to noon May 5, May 19, June 2 and June 16.
- Tours of similar facilities; dates April 15 (all day) and April 22 (half day, morning)
- Evening community meetings; dates and times TBD
- Additional meetings as necessary; dates and times TBD
- Steve Clarke, Assistant Superintendent, Co-Chair
- Curtis Lawyer, Director of Capital Projects, Co-Chair
- Jeff McClure, RMC Architects
- Seven at-large District Office staff
- Superintendent (ex-officio), Assistant Superintendent Human Resources, Executive Director Family Engagement, Executive Director Communications and Community Relations, Executive Director Teaching and Learning, Executive Director of Operations, Executive Director Early Childhood and of Teaching and Learning, Executive Director Educational Technology, Deputy Superintendent Teaching and Learning, Assistant Superintendent Finance.
- Representative(s) from the Bellingham Public Schools Foundation
- Representative(s) from a community partner(s)
- Regular meeting attendance.
- Respectful and collaborative interactions with committee members.
- Provide substitutes for staff as applicable.