- In partnerships with teachers, we will be working to align systems related to first grade that may include curriculum, assessments and supports.
Basis for establishment:
- Develop consistency of support for teachers.
- Align instructional practices and assessment in implementation of high quality first grade classrooms.
- Recommending group to the Department of Teaching and Learning.
Plan of work:
- Identify specific needs of students.
- Analyze current and best practices.
- Develop a recommendation for communication with first grade teachers and leadership support and a plan for district communication.
- Share recommendations (initial and long-term) with superintendent, executive team, Department of Teaching and Learning.
- 10-12 members
- Kristi Dominguez (facilitator/chair)
- Early Learning Specialist, Nina Ballew
- BEA Union representative, Lisa Peterson
- Elementary building administrator(s)
- Julie van Wijk, Cordata
- Mylo Allen, Parkview
- Stephanie Korn, Dept of Teaching and Learning
- First grade teachers from both title (*) and non-title schools
- Cami Burfeind, Sunnyland
- Julie Sargent O’Connell, Geneva
- Julie Johnson, Parkview
- Kelly Morgan, Birchwood *
- Morgan Massey, Parkview
- Sarah Rose, Alderwood *
- Michelle Hornof, Cordata *
- Rachel Roeder, Carl Cozier *
- Kelly Glynn, Carl Cozier *
- Literacy specialist(s)
- Brian Pahl, Ed tech Birchwood and Sunnyland
Meetings: Group meets 3 to 4:15 p.m. in room 212 at the District Office.
- None anticipated