- As an advisory our role is to collectively
- Provide support in case management strategies form the social services perspective;
- Coordinate community and agency support for staff and students;
- Promote the program;
- Identify funding sources outside the school district;
- Provide student recognition;
- Coordinate other activities as determined by the advisory, staff, and/or students.
Basis for Establishment:
- In order to fulfill the mission and vision of The Bellingham Promise, the GRADS advisory board members are key elements in creating a successful GRADS program. Community, government agencies, faith-based partners, school district personnel, families and private funders must all work together to ensure success for our children and their teen parents. Through collective efforts we are focused on supporting our teens to provide the best possible care to their child while working to graduate from our schools prepared for success in the global community.
- Collaborative group processes will be utilized.
- Program recommendations will be made to the superintendent.
Plan of Work:
- Publicize group and share with stakeholders.
- Meet twice a year as a whole advisory group: Nov. 4 and May 4.
- Maintain and advise program improvements and supports to students (teens and their children).
- Kristi Dominguez; Executive Director of Teaching and Learning
- Stephanie Schroeder; Child Care Coordinator
- Meaghan Dunham; GRADS teacher
- Michelle Wilhelm; GRADS teacher
- Kris Newberry, Administrative Assistant
- Jeff McKenna, Staff – Intervention/prevention Specialist
- Hilary Schwandt, Community Member
- Gwyn Fix, Community Member
- Shannon McCune Dickerson
- Erin Malone, Community Member
- Helena Quigley, Staff – Teacher
- Geraldine Coleman, Community Member
- Behnoosh Armani, Community Member
- Cindy O’Brien, Staff – Career Center Advisor
- Erin Burke, Community Member
- Teresa Coleman, Community Member
- Martin Atkins, Staff – Assistant Principal
- Carrie Sinclair, Community Member
- Lindsay Ahrens, Community Member
- Matthew Neisinger, Staff – Nurse
- Julie De King, Community Member
- Mara Snyder, Community Member
- Rebecca Ogden, Community Member
- Michael Barr, Community Member
- Attend all meetings.
- Adhere to group norms for collaborative process.
- Contribute to and support the creation of recommendations for improvement and support.
2019-19 School Year (4-6 p.m.)
- November 4 @ Options High School
- May 4
2018-19 School Year (3:30 – 4:30 p.m.)
- October 30 at Squalicum High School
- March 5 at Options High School
- May 14 at Sehome High School
2017-18 School Year
- September 27 @ Options High School
- November 28, District Office Room 212
- Minutes (no meeting)
- January 23, location TBD
- March 27, District Office Board Room
- May 22, District Office Board room
2016-17 School Year
2015-16 School Year
- Shared funds: CTE (managed by BPS), United Way Grant, GRADS advisory scholarship funds, OSPI Grants.