- In partnership with teachers, we will be working to align systems related to Kindergarten that may include curriculum, assessments, and supports.
Basis for Establishment:
- Develop consistency of support for students.
- Alignment of practices and assessment in implementations of high quality kindergarten.
- Recommending group to the Department of Teaching and Learning.
Plan of Work:
- Identify specific needs of students.
- Analyze current and best practices.
- Develop a recommendation for communication with K teachers and leadership support and a plan for district communication.
- Share recommendations (initial and long-term) with superintendent, Executive Team, Department of Teaching and Learning.
- 10-12 Members
- Kristi Dominguez, Facilitator/Chair
- Early Learning Specialists: Nina Ballew, Barb Del Wraa, Debbie Haney, Becca Mallahan
- BEA Union representative: Lisa Peterson
- Elementary Building administrator: Stephanie Johnson
- DTL Director: Stephanie Korn
- Kindergarten teachers from both Title 1/Non Title 1 schools: Jessica Wallace (T1), Caitline Rozycki, Emily Watrous (T1), Jennifer Lawrence, Heather Dowd (T1), Sam Cousens (T1), Susan DeGolier, Cara Lind, Karin Otterholt (T1)
- Attend all sessions to engage in learning.
- Adhere to group norms for effective collaboration and decision-making.
- Communicate and promote learning and information to grade level teams and administration.
- Read material or complete tasks between sessions for participation in each meeting.
Timeline: All meetings from 3 to 4:15 p.m.
- Publicize Fall 2018
- November 8
- December 12
- February 7
- April 18
- 2018-19 Work Summation shared
- November 12
- February 11
- April 14 – cancelled
- May 12 – cancelled
- 2019-20 Recommendation shared
- None anticipated.