- Update the current K-5 report card to reflect updated Washington state standards
- Create a companion document to the K-5 report card with grading rubrics to increase rater reliability
- Provide an online access to electronic report card
Basis for Establishment:
- Bellingham School District Strategic Plan
- Consultative to the Director of Curriculum and Instructional Technology by committee members using the processes of consensus and input/feedback
- Begin with draft report card skeleton at each grade-level, K-5, created by a teacher on special assignment (TOSA). Include example of K-5 standards-based report cards from other Washington state school districts for brainstorming.
- Focus on mathematics, literacy, and science.
- Dialogue to determine other needed or desirable report card contents, i.e. physical rducation/health, music, district/state assessment results, etc.)
- Present latest updated draft of K-5 report card to each grade-level on the March 7 waiver day to collect districtwide teacher and administrative input.
- Present resulting draft to Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) to the Superintendent for parent input.
- Create final electronic K-5 report card online access.
- Submit final result to Superintendent for approval.
The Committee will consist of 13 members:
- 2 elementary school administrators
- Teacher representatives: 2 from each grade level & covering as many schools as possible.
- Co-Facilitators: Director of Curriculum and district math, literacy, and instructional technology coordinators.
Responsibilities of Committee Members
- Regular meeting attendance
- Communicate the content of the meetings and gather input from school staff as requested by the committee
- Respectful and collaborative interactions with committee members
- Communicate the purpose of the committee to district
- Committee members serve as key communicators for the groups they represent
- Post meeting minutes and recommendations on district web site
- Use district communication process to inform stakeholders of committee outcomes
- Meet during the school year
- Dates and times: 1/14/11, 2/7/11, 2/28/11, waiver day 3/7/11, and 1 meeting post-waiver day.
- Others scheduled as needed
- Support for staff to meet, including release time, printing, etc.
- Support for creation of electronic online access
- Professional development for district staff with rubric use and technology concerns.