- Provide input and process the design elements for Lowell Elementary School’s new gym, cafeteria and classrooms, as well as the location of the new gym and cafeteria.
- Help communicate and gather input from stakeholders including staff, neighbors, community members and parents.
Basis for Establishment:
- As part of the bond approved by voters on Nov. 5, 2013, Lowell will receive a new gym and cafeteria; and the existing gym and cafeteria will provide more classroom space.
- Advisory to the superintendent regarding decision and location of improved facilities: classrooms, gym and cafeteria.
Plan of Work/Timeline:
- Three to six meetings during the day beginning in February and culminating by the end of June.
- Work with project designers to design the new gym, cafeteria and classrooms.
- Help communicate and gather input from stakeholders.
- Thursday, March 20, 1 to 3:30 p.m. District Office Room 112 – Minutes
- Thursday, March 27, 1 to 3:30 p.m. District Office Room 112- Minutes
- Monday, April 7, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Lowell Elementary Library (Parent/Community Project Information Meeting) – Presentation – Minutes – Feedback
- Friday, April 11, 1 to 3:30 p.m. District Office Room 212 – Minutes
- Friday, May 16, 1 to 3:00 p.m. District Office Board Room – Minutes
- Wednesday, June 11, 6 to 7 p.m. Community Information Meeting, Lowell Elementary Library – Minutes – Presentation
- Ron Cowan, Co-Chair
- Missy Ferguson, Co-Chair, Lowell Principal
- Mark Dalton, Food Service Director
- Mike Anderson, Buildings & Grounds Director
- Melanie Flink, Physical Education Teacher
- Laura Smith, Music Specialist Geneva / Lowell
- Tim Stricklett, Special Ed Teacher / Lowell
- Lisa Bottcher-Law, Lowell Parent
- Korinne Getz, Lowell Parent
- Jacqueline Brawley, Communications Manager
- Tanya Rowe, Executive Director of Communications and Community Relations