- To develop criteria to be considered when creating a common schedule for middle schools and high schools.
Basis for Establishment
- The purpose of the Middle School/High School Scheduling Committee is to develop criteria to be considered when creating a common schedule for middle schools and high schools. There is a need to align schedules to allow students and staff to travel between schools to take or teach classes at more than one high school or middle school, and to expand scheduling opportunities for students.
Decision Making Process:
- Provide recommendations to the Graduation Requirements Implementation Task Force and the superintendent.
- Consensus will be used for internal decisions during the work of the Ad Hoc Committee.
Plan of Work:
- Review current schedules.
- Identify the components that need to be addressed in a common schedule.
- Review transportation issues.
- Review special education and special program issues.
- Use focus groups to get input from families.
- Post minutes of all meetings on the district website.
- Update administrators at Level, Leadership, and Central Administrative Team Meetings.
- Attend meetings and participate in discussions.
- Work to develop consensus regarding recommendations.
- Design and implement a communications plan.
- Report progress to the Graduation Implementation Task Force.
- Sherrie Brown
- Michelle Campbell
- James Everett
- Katherine Freimund
- Cathy Gersich
- Jeannie Hayden
- Brend Hunt-Holma
- Bobbie Jaffe
- Tom Kunesh
- Andy Mark
- Linda Miller
- Laurie Mullarky
- Chris Stevens
- Phyllis Textor