- Provide input and recommendations for the design of Parkview Elementary School’s new gym or cafeteria. With the new addition, it is anticipated that some renovation or improvements of the current kitchen and serving area will need to be considered as part of the project.
- Identify other possible building and/or site improvements to be completed if funds allow.
- Take into consideration that a future bond issue may provide funds for the complete renovation or rebuilding of Parkview Elementary. This may impact which type of space to construct and the location of the new space.
- Help communicate and gather input from stakeholders including staff, neighbors, community members and parents.
Basis for Establishment:
- Voters approved a bond on Nov. 5, 2013 that includes funding this renovation project.
- Advisory to the superintendent
Plan of Work and Timeline:
- Meet approximately five times from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Work with project designers on location and design elements.
- Host a community input meeting or gather feedback in January as needed on draft recommendations.
- Make recommendations to superintendent by Feb. 1, 2015.
- Begin construction in spring/summer 2015 and complete the work in summer 2016.
- Dec. 2 Parkview Elementary Library Minutes
- Dec. 9 Parkview Elementary Library Minutes – Addendums
- Dec. 16 Parkview Elementary Library Minutes
- Jan. 14 Parkview Elementary Library Minutes
- Jan. 21 Parkview Elementary Library Minutes
- Feb.18 Parkview Elementary Classroom 3 Minutes Presentation
- Jan. 7 Parkview Elementary Cafeteria/Gymnasium Minutes Presentation
- Mar. 4 Parkview Elementary Cafeteria/Gymnasium Minutes Presentation
- Nic Castona, Parkview physical education teacher
- Kerrie Zerba, Parkview special education teacher
- Jenny Herndon-Schepper, Parkview general education teacher
- Cathie Patrick, food services staff member
- Michelle Strobel, Parkview parent
- Greg Seeligson, Parkview parent
- John McGarrity, community member
- Mike Anderson, Buildings and Grounds Director
- Mark Dalton, Food Services Director
- Jackie Brawley, Communications and Community Relations Manager
- Curtis Lawyer, Capital Projects Manager
- Co-Chair Mylo Allen, Parkview Elementary School Principal
- Co-Chair Ron Cowan, Assistant Superintendent for Finance and Operations