- Provide support in implementing and sustaining a positive behavior system districtwide.
- Coordinate training and coaching for district staff and evaluation of a schoolwide positive behavioral interventions and support program implementation.
Basis for Establishment:
- Washington state has established guidelines for discipline that support the implementation of a positive behavior system.
- Bellingham Public Schools have inconsistent discipline practices, which also supports the implementation of a schoolwide positive behavioral interventions and support program.
- To support schools in establishing positive behavior systems that will help students be more successful.
- This advisory group will make recommendations to the executive team regarding the schoolwide positive behavioral interventions & support program policies and procedures.
Plan of Timeline:
- Create a three to five year districtwide implementation plan
- Review of discipline data quarterly
Review of implementation evaluation data quarterly
- Review the three to five year action plan annual delineating actions linked to each feature of Implementation Blueprint 
- Facilitate an annual self-assessment of implementation
- Assess and prioritize implementation needs districtwide
- Assist school teams in implementing a schoolwide positive behavioral interventions and support program districtwide
- Assess fidelity of implementation of a schoolwide positive behavioral interventions and support at the school level
- Report to stakeholders on progress of a schoolwide positive behavioral interventions and support implementation
- Report to stakeholders on exclusionary practices
- Create a list of in-district and schoolwide positive behavioral interventions and support content area consultants
- February 26, 2014
- March 26, 2014 – Minutes 
- May 14, 2014
- September 24, 2014 – Minutes 
- October 29, 2014 – Minutes 
- February 4, 2015 – Minutes 
- Steve Morse, Director of Teaching and Learning, Co-Chair
- Bethany Verner, Assistant Director of Teaching and Learning in Special Education, Co-chair
- Heather Korbmacher, Intervention Team/Secondary Special Education, BRIDGES
- Chris Cochran, Counselor Options High School, secondary counselor
- Lurinda Ford, Elementary Support Specialist, Carl Cozier & Columbia, elementary school counselor
- Janae Hodge, Assistant Principal, Shuksan Middle School, secondary administrator
- Kevin Terpstra, Counselor, Kulshan Middle School, secondary counselor
- Beth Nelson, Intervention Team/Elementary Special Education, Life Skills
- Eric Paige, Principal, Carl Cozier, elementary administrator
- Meet quarterly
- Identify needs, plan support and evaluate progress