- Advise the Department of Communications and Community Relations in effectively sharing The Bellingham Promise with students, staff, families and community for the purposes of increased understanding, ownership and engagement in a shared vision, mission, beliefs, outcomes and strategies.
Basis for Establishment:
- During the 2011-12 school year, Bellingham Public Schools collaboratively developed a new strategic plan known as The Bellingham Promise. The Bellingham Promise has been built from Superintendent Greg Baker’s Entry Plan and the previous strategic plan of “college, career and citizenship.” Both digital and print resources need to be updated to reflect and share The Bellingham Promise.
- Advisory to the Executive Director of Communications and Community Relations.
Plan of Work:
- Meet three times total – April 24 – 3 to 5 p.m. and May 15 –3 to 5 p.m.
- Review communication needs and current resources (including website, posters, district logo, etc.); brainstorm ideas; and provide input into a communications plan
- Chair Tanya Rowe, Executive Director of Communications and Community Relations
- Margaret Gude, Communications Specialist
- Aaron Logue, Credo Graphics
- Rob McElroy, Administrator on Special Assignment
- Isabel Meaker, Special Assistant to the Superintendent for Family Engagement
- Jamine Moss-Owen, Elementary School Representative
- Melissa Peterson, Elementary School Representative
- Joanna Nesbit, Middle School Parent Representative
- Janice Keller, Communications Manager, City of Bellingham, and High School Parent Representative
- Kristi Dominguez, Central Services Representative
- Aubrey Merritt, Parent Representative
- Complete Promise communications plan for 2013-14 by June 2013
- This work will be part of the current communications budget and involve community partnerships.