- Provide input and process the design elements associated with the new Shuksan auxiliary gym.
Basis for Establishment:
- As part of the bond approved by votes on Feb. 13, 2018, auxiliary gym will be built at Shuksan Middle School.
- Advisory to the superintendent regarding decisions related to design of the new auxiliary gym.
Plan of Work:
- Three to four meetings during the day beginning in November 2018 and culminating by the end of December 2018.
- Meet 7:30 to 9 a.m. weekly (except Veterans Day) on November 5, 19, 26 and December 3 to develop recommended design elements.
- Work with project designers to design the key elements improvement for the auxiliary gym.
- Help communicate and gather input from stakeholders, including staff, students and community/parents.
- November 5 – Agenda, Minutes
- November 19 – Agenda, Minutes
- November 26 – Minutes
- December 3 – No meeting
- December 11 – Minutes
- Amy Carder, Principal Shuksan Middle School, Co-Chair
- Ron Cowan, Executive Director of Capital Projects and School Facilities, Co-Chair
- Mike Copland, Deputy Superintendent
- Jessica Sankey, Director of Wellness
- Greg Holmgren, Assistant Principal on Special Assignment, Athletics/Activities/Enrichment
- Mike Anderson, Director of Buildings and Grounds
- James Hayes, Shuksan Parent and SMS wrestling coach
- Scott Larrabee, Physical Education teacher
- Hazel Clapp, Social studies teacher, SMS and SQHS basketball coach
- Brian Porteous, Math teacher and Bellingham United Girls Wrestling Coach
- Dana Smith, Communications Manager
- Terry Brown, Zervas Group Architects
- Regular meeting attendance.
- Respectful and collaborative interactions with committee members.
- None anticipated.