- Provide input and process the design elements associated with improvements to the Transportation Garage.
Basis for Establishment:
- As part of the bond approved by voters on November 5, 2013, the existing Transportation Garage will be renovated/replaced with a new facility.
- Advisory to the superintendent regarding decisions related to design of the new Transportation Garage.
Plan of Work:
- Three to five meetings during the day beginning in March 2017 and culminating by the end of April 2017
- Meet to develop recommended design elements
- Work with project designers to design the improvements for the Transportation Garage
- Help communicate and gather input from stakeholders, primarily Transportation staff
2016-17 School Year
- March 10 – 10:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Agenda, Minutes
- March 16 – 1 to 3 p.m. – Agenda, Minutes
- March 31 – 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. Transportation Garage Tour (Edmonds, Marysville and Mt. Vernon school districts)
- April 14 – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Agenda , Minutes
- April 21 – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Agenda, Minutes, Initial Floor Plans – Transportation Garage 1ST FLOOR PLAN 4.21.17, Transportation Garage MEZZ FLOOR PLAN 04.21.17
- May 26 – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Agenda, Minutes, REVISED 1ST FLOOR PLAN 5.26.17
2017-18 School Year
- Ron Cowan, Executive Director of Capital Projects, Co-Chair
- Rae Anne Thon, Director of Transportation, Co-Chair
- Richard Drost, Transportation Shop Foreman
- David Vanderyacht, Transportation Mechanic
- Bruce Henninger, School Bus Driver
- Mike Bozzo, Fleet and Facilities Director, Whatcom Transportation Authority
- Terry Brown, Zervas Group Architects
- Regular meeting attendance
- Respectful and collaborative interactions with committee members
- Possible substitute driver costs and travel costs to visit other Transportation Garages.
- Expenses will be paid from 2013 Bond funds.