Once you have completed the Fundamental Course of Study (FCS), you will need to set up your eCert account:
- Go to http://www.k12.wa.us/certification/paraeducatormain.aspx
- Select First Time Applicant; create login/password (Instructions)
- Enter FCS information under PD Hours tab.
- This system will also be used to document clock hour completions for the General and Subject Matter certificates. It is the paraeducator’s responsibility to update and maintain their eCert account.
Watch the eCert Account Instructional Video
- How to enter PD Hours for General Certificate: Log into your eCert Account; Have your clock hour form in front of you to fill in the boxes from the drop down menus.
- Select PD Hours tab
- Select Clock Hours
- Under Comments – enter course title