Great Teaching with Strong Support
Our teachers inspire learning by creating and nurturing a classroom with clear and high academic expectations, rigor, love of learning and safety. Our teachers actively engage students in learning. They provide culturally-responsive instruction that reflects The Bellingham Promise, the district’s curriculum, and recognized best practices.
- Weekends off
- Summers off
- Work where you live
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Health benefits
- Valid Washington State Teaching Certificate, with proper endorsement(s) in assigned area(s).
- Strong skills, background and extensive training in your area of endorsement.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with students, staff and community members in a mutually respectful, supportive and accessible manner.
- Knowledge of and/or experience related to the state mandated testing and assessment.
- Willingness to benefit from building supervision, evaluation programs and professional development.
- Use district adopted curriculum and assessments.
- Knowledge of and ability to assess and design instruction for a classroom of diverse learners (Multilingual Learners, highly capable, students with disabilities, etc.)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of staff and stakeholders.
Hear from our teachers:
“Teachers have great power and great opportunity to shape kids’ lives. You end up loving them and they love you back.” – Rodolfo Riviere, physical education teacher
“I became a schoolteacher because every child has an inner life and I want to help each student express it, honor it and give it dignity.” – Julie Hunter, library media specialist