Title: Classroom Aide
Where: Bellingham Elementary Schools
When: Duration of school year
Commitment: 1-Two hour shift per week
- Supports students learning in 1:1 or small groups
- Maintain positive attitude and assists in ensuring classroom environment is conducive to student learning
- Assist with materials prep, bulletin boards, lamination as needed
- Field trip chaperone when available
Training and Supervision: Training and supervision provided by classroom teacher.
Personal Qualities required:
- Able to work under direction of classroom teacher
- Patient, dependable and responsible when working with students
- Friendly, flexible and sensitive to demands of busy elementary students, teacher and classroom
- Ability to work with students from varied backgrounds, age groups and skill levels
Notes: All volunteers must complete the BPS volunteer application, pass a WATCH check and interview/train with Learning Center staff.
For more information: Jennifer Gaer, Volunteer Coordinator 360-647-6848