Title: After-School Enrichment Buddy
Where: BPS elementary schools
When: Three 8-week sessions per year: Fall, Winter and Spring, Monday (3 to 4:30 p.m.), Wednesday(3 to 4:30 p.m.) and Thursday(1:15 to 3 p.m.)
Commitment: One shift per week
- Assist club teacher by keeping students focused and on task
- Provide encouragement, enthusiasm and inquisitiveness to students’ learning.
- Serve as a role model using positive social skills and appropriate problem solving methods
- Respect confidentiality of children and families
Training and Supervision: Training and supervision provided by enrichment staff.
Personal Qualities required:
- Friendly, flexible and sensitive to elementary students’ needs
- Patient, dependable and responsible when working with students
- Ability to work with students from varied backgrounds, age groups and skill levels
- Good communication skills
Notes: All volunteers must complete the BPS volunteer application, pass a WATCH check and interview/train with school staff.
For more information: Jennifer Gaer, Volunteer Coordinator 360-647-6848