Title: Student Learning Center Tutor
Where: Bellingham high schools
When: Duration of school year, Monday-Thursdays 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Commitment: 1-Two hour shift per week
- Work with students 1:1 or in small groups in their content areas of expertise
- Answer questions on course content
- Aid in comprehension of course material
- Review and test preparation
Training and Supervision: Training and supervision provided by BPS Learning Center staff.
Personal Qualities required:
- Patient, dependable and responsible when working with students
- Friendly, flexible and sensitive to demands of high school students
- Ability to work with students from varied backgrounds, age groups and skill levels
- Have good oral and written communication skills
Notes: All volunteers must complete the BPS volunteer application, pass a WATCH check and interview/train with Learning Center staff.
For more information: Jennifer Gaer, Volunteer Coordinator 360-647-6848