Title: Lunch/Recess Buddy
Where: Bellingham elementary schools
When: Duration of school year, Monday-Friday, 11AM-1PM
Commitment: 1-Two hour shift per week
- Lead organized games and activities
- Aid in problem solving and conflict resolution
- Provide socio-emotional support to students
- Respect confidentiality of children and families
Training and Supervision: Training and supervision provided by lunch and cafeteria staff.
Personal Qualities required:
- Friendly, flexible and sensitive to elementary students’ needs
- Patient, dependable and responsible when working with students
- Ability to work with students from varied backgrounds, age groups and skill levels
- Good communication skills
All volunteers must complete the BPS volunteer application, pass a WATCH check and interview/train with school staff.
For more information: Jennifer Gaer, Volunteer Coordinator 360-647-6848