Individual schools and Central Services maintain an online calendar of events, accessible here or from school websites. Please contact your school if you have a question about an event at a school.
School Year Calendars
2019-20 Calendar (updated May 17, 2019)
Please note the last day of school will likely be June 17 but no firm date will be set until the end of February. See Dr. Baker’s message for more information.
Calendario en Español (updated May 17, 2019)
(you can filter by each school, then click apply)
Key Dates for the 2020-21 school year
- Sept. 2, 2020: First day of school
- Sept. 7, 2020: No school/holiday
- Nov. 11, 2020: No school/holiday
- Nov. 26 to 27, 2020: No school/holiday
- Dec. 21, 2020 to Jan. 1, 2021: No school/holiday (winter break)
- Jan. 18, 2021: No school/holiday
- Feb. 15, 2021: No school/holiday
- April 5 to 9, 2021: No school/holiday (spring break)
- May 31, 2021: No school/holiday
For planning purposes, the district and schools use this online reference guide for religious holidays: http://www.interfaith-calendar.org/
When possible, staff avoid scheduling evening events and meetings on religious holidays in accordance with administrative procedure 2340P.
Graduation Dates for Class of 2020
Here are the tentative times, dates and locations for graduation for the class of 2020. These dates were updated Feb. 3, 2020.
- Bellingham High School: 5 p.m. Friday, June 12 at Bellingham High School
- Sehome High School: 7 p.m. Friday, June 12 at Sehome High School
- Squalicum High School: 10 a.m. Saturday, June 13 at Squalicum High School
- Options High School: 6:30 p.m. Monday, June 15 at Options High School
- Community Transitions: 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 16 at the Bellingham Cruise Terminal
Graduation dates/times could change if school is canceled for any unforeseen circumstance, such as a snow day. A final decision to determine graduation dates will be made no later than Feb. 28, 2020.
We do not recommend that staff or families make travel plans or other arrangements before Feb. 28, because if the school year gets extended, then our graduation ceremonies would likely be the following week. Under this scenario, the last day for seniors could change. Graduation rehearsal dates and times, as well as the number of tickets available for each graduate will be determined by your school. Please note that the last day of school for non-senior students is June 11, which is also subject to change if school is canceled for snow or other circumstances.