Individual schools and Central Services maintain an online calendar of events, accessible here or from school websites. Please contact your school if you have a question about an event at a school.
School Year Calendars
2019-20 Calendar (updated May 17, 2019)
Calendario en Español (updated May 17, 2019)
(you can filter by each school, then click apply)
Key Dates for the 2020-21 school year
- Sept. 2, 2020: First day of school
- Sept. 7, 2020: No school/holiday
- Nov. 11, 2020: No school/holiday
- Nov. 26 to 27, 2020: No school/holiday
- Dec. 21, 2020 to Jan. 1, 2021: No school/holiday (winter break)
- Jan. 18, 2021: No school/holiday
- Feb. 15, 2021: No school/holiday
- April 5 to 9, 2021: No school/holiday (spring break)
- May 31, 2021: No school/holiday
For planning purposes, the district and schools use this online reference guide for religious holidays: http://www.interfaith-calendar.org/
When possible, staff avoid scheduling evening events and meetings on religious holidays in accordance with administrative procedure 2340P.
Graduation Dates for Class of 2020
Here are the tentative times, dates and locations for graduation for the class of 2020.
- Options High School: 6:30 p.m. Thursday, June 4 at Options High School
- Bellingham High School: 6:30 p.m. Friday, June 5 at Bellingham High School
- Squalicum High School: 11 a.m. Saturday, June 6 at Squalicum High School
- Sehome High School: 2 p.m. Saturday, June 6 at Sehome High School
- Community Transitions: 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 9 at the Bellingham Cruise Terminal
Graduation dates/times could change if school is canceled for any unforeseen circumstance, such as a snow day. A final decision to determine graduation dates will be made no later than Feb. 28, 2020.
The last day for Bellingham, Sehome and Squalicum seniors is tentatively Friday, June 5, 2020. Options seniors’ tentative last day is June 4.
We do not recommend that staff or families make travel plans or other arrangements before February 28, because if the school year gets extended, then our graduation ceremonies would likely be the following week. Under this scenario, the last day for seniors could change. Graduation rehearsal dates and times, as well as the number of tickets available for each graduate will be determined by your school. Please note that the last day of school for non-senior students is June 11, which is also subject to change if school is canceled for snow or other circumstances.
This message will be sent to all senior families on Aug. 22, 2019.