A Message from the Department of Teaching and Learning
Dear eighth grade families,
Did you know that your eighth grader can join high school athletic workouts this summer in preparation for joining high school sports? Some teams start meeting as early as Monday, June 21. This is a great way for eighth graders (incoming ninth graders) to meet other incoming ninth graders at their school, as well as coaches and older teammates. Additionally, students love being outside and exercising.
To be fully cleared for any of our 2021-22 summer and/or school year activities, the first step each family needs to take is to update your student’s information and documents in Final Forms. Here’s what families need to do:.
- Go to FinalForms, click on “Parent” and login.
- If you forgot your password, click “Forgot your password?”
- If you have never set up your FinalForms account, click “Never logged in?” then enter the main email address that we have on file for you in Skyward to resend the confirmation link. Then, use the link to set up the account and login.
- Click on the blue box at the top of the page to register for 2021-22 year.
- Then, fill out the information or forms for each student you have in the system. Some things you may need to do are:
- Add sports your student is interested in participating in this summer or next year. Under “Fall 2021-22” you can also see summer teams. Adding a summer sport ensures coaches will contact them about summer activities. Athletes and families can change their preferences later; this is not a commitment.
- Update forms and parent permissions. Most forms are fillable within FinalForms, you will also need to upload a copy (photo, scan or PDF) of sports physical if your student’s physical is not up-to-date.
- Sign each form with parent e-signature
- Have your student login to their school district email to update student e-signature that acknowledges compliance with Bellingham Public Schools and state policies for athletes.
For those who like video tutorials, this video made by another school district may be helpful.
If you have questions, please contact your middle school office or high school athletic office.
Due to the COVID restrictions that are still in place, our summer programs this year will be much more low key than on a normal year. Coaches who are offering activities will be keeping it to informal skill development, conditioning and weight training. Any competitions and camps will be at the local level with no overnights allowed. We look forward to welcoming all fully-cleared incoming freshmen to our summer sports, which we believe are a great way to incoming ninth graders to feel like they are an important and integrated part of the high school community.
Esta es información sobre la educación de su hijo/a. Solicite traducción o interpretación gratis si necesita al 360-676-6456