Families, staff and community members may apply for consideration to serve on the Dual Language Program Planning Task Force. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply by 5 p.m. on Nov. 2.
The purpose of this task force is to:
- Learn about and review Dual Language Program components and the issues affecting the development of K-12 dual language programs.
- Confirm the concept and recommend a model for possible implementation of Dual Language Program(s) in Bellingham Public Schools beginning no sooner than the 2023-24 school year.
- Identify projected program design at the elementary, middle, and high school levels.
- Develop a timeline that includes initial plans for dual language program professional development, curriculum and materials, and program evaluation plan.
- Present a draft of the Dual Language “Master Plan” to the Superintendent for review and consideration of next steps.
Learn more about this task force, open positions and the timeline for completing this work.
To apply for consideration to serve on this committee, complete and submit an online form apply by 5 p.m. on Nov. 2 or download to print this form and submit to the Department of Teaching and Learning at 1306 Dupont St., Bellingham, WA 98225. Questions? Please contact 360-676-6470, ex. 6502.