The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA/WASFA) filing window opens Oct. 1. The U.S. Department of Education has everything you need to know about FAFSA online.
In Bellingham Public Schools, assistance to file will take place from 1 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 6 at Squalicum High School. Additional help sessions will be offered at the following dates and times: 5 to 7 p.m., Oct. 9 at Northwest Indian College; 6 to 8 p.m., Oct. 10 at Ferndale High School; 6 to 8 p.m., Oct. 14 at Lynden High School; 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 16 at Nooksack Valley High School; and 6 to 8 p.m., Oct. 17 at Meridian High School. Students and families in Whatcom County are welcome to any session offered above. Visit your Career Center for more specifics on these help sessions.
If you attend, please bring the following information and documents with you to the event:
- Your driver’s license or State ID;
- Your income information. This includes bank statements, a W-2 or pay stub, and a past tax return;
- Your parent, if you are 24 or younger;
- Your parents’ recent financial information (Parents should bring a copy of their previous year’s tax return);
- Additional information such as child support statements, TANF or welfare information, real estate, investments, family business or farm info.
FAFSA filers must also bring:
- student’s social security number or green card
- one parent’s social security number, if they have one
For more information, please contact your high school counselor or visit www.readysetgrad.org/cgw-info or www.futuresnw.org.
Click here for a flyer of the FAFSA/WASFA filing events.
And don’t forget College Fair is 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 3 at Sehome High School. More than 50 colleges and universities will be in attendance.