A Joint Message from Bellingham Public Schools and Bellingham Education Association
Dear Families and Community,
We know that many of you are eager to make plans for 2018 and beyond, and we appreciate your patience as we, the district and Bellingham Education Association, work together to finalize the 2018-19 school year calendar.
Based on feedback we received last spring (mostly via a survey and Dr. Baker’s blog), we have finalized the first day of school, as well as the holiday/break schedule for the 2018-19 school year. Please keep in mind this list does not include the last day of school, tentative graduation dates for the class of 2019, Staff Learning Fridays (for professional development, also referred to as “Purple Fridays”), or early dismissal days.
Please see the list of key dates for the 2018-19 school year:
- Aug. 29, 2018: First day of school
- Sept. 3, 2018: No school/holiday
- Nov. 12, 2018: No school/holiday
- Nov. 22 to 23, 2018: No school/holiday
- Dec. 17, 2018 to Jan. 1, 2019: No school/holiday (winter break)
- Jan. 21, 2019: No school/holiday
- Feb. 18, 2019: No school/holiday
- April 1 to 5, 2019: No school/holiday (spring break)
- May 27, 2019: No school/holiday
The last day of school and graduation ceremonies will likely be in mid-June, and we anticipate the end date of school will be known well in advance, most likely in the coming months, as well as any changes to early dismissals and the staff professional development schedule.
Please see this webpage for this year’s calendar and information related to tentative graduation dates for the class of 2018.