We are excited to celebrate staff and volunteers in Bellingham Public Schools with our annual Promise Awards, which are tied to the vision, mission, core beliefs and outcomes of The Bellingham Promise. Nominations will be accepted now through 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 15. Here is the online nomination form.
Nominations may be submitted for:
- Above and Beyond Service Award This award is designed to recognize a staff member who models superior service. They work hard to make students, families and staff feel important, respected and exceed expectations daily. Any classified employee in Bellingham Public Schools is eligible.
- Community Partner/School Volunteer of the Year Community partners or school volunteers may be an individual who is not a paid employee or an organization (such as a community nonprofit or parent organization) that provides a volunteer, unpaid service to the school or district.
- Collaboration Award This award is given to a staff member or team that leads others through partnerships and collaboration. This award is intended for an individual or team that promotes effective partnerships, builds consensus and works to support The Bellingham Promise. Any individual employee or team in Bellingham Public Schools is eligible.
- Compassion and Service Award This staff member promotes staff morale and fosters community by building bridges for people to come together both inside and outside of the school. This staff member promotes their school or community through positivity. Any individual employee or team in Bellingham Public Schools is eligible.
- Dependable and Responsible Award This award is designed for a staff member who works behind the scenes but is a crucial part of supporting the school. This staff member works to improve situations and does so without prompting or fanfare. Any individual classified or certificated employee in Bellingham Public Schools is eligible.
- Great Teaching Award This award recognizes a teacher in our district for exemplary work in teaching Bellingham students. This staff member exemplifies Great Teaching with Strong Support. Any certificated employee in Bellingham Public Schools is eligible.
- Innovation and Flexibility Award This award is given to someone who has developed creative solutions to challenges, or they may “think outside of the box,” to develop new approaches, ideas or concepts that go beyond best practices to support The Bellingham Promise. Any individual employee or team in Bellingham Public Schools is eligible.
- Outstanding Leadership Award Leaders (for the sake of this award) are principals, assistant principals and Central Services directors, assistant directors and managers. This award is intended for a leader who exhibits commitment and dedication to The Bellingham Promise by supporting all staff and students. Due to the smaller number of eligible individuals, the recipient for this award will be selected by executive team.
- One Schoolhouse Award Individuals or teams of staff or volunteers are eligible for this district-level award. The purpose of this award is to recognize those who are advancing the goals of the school system — beyond one classroom and school — for the better for all. This award is reviewed by and selected by executive team.
Completed nomination forms are due by 5 p.m. on Feb. 15. Nominations are scored by the Promise Awards Advisory Group using a scoring rubric based on The Bellingham Promise. Click here for awards information and timeline.
For questions about the Promise Awards process contact the Department of Communications and Community Relations at 360-647-6836 or email Lisa.Gilchrist@bellinghamschools.org.
Thank you and we look forward to celebrating the exceptional work of our staff and volunteers again this year!