Bellingham Public Schools is committed to reducing fundraising efforts for families, staff, and students so they can focus on fulfilling the mission and vision of The Bellingham Promise.
We know that fundraising takes many shapes and provides important resources so every child can discover and develop a passion and contribute to the diverse activity, enrichment and athletic communities that are an integral part of our schools.
Together, district leaders, school principals, representatives from parent groups (PTSAs, PTAs, PTOs, etc.), boosters and the Bellingham Public Schools Foundation, are engaged in this evolving effort with a belief that together, we achieve more than alone.
As partners in funding, we are making a collective commitment to better realize the One Schoolhouse Approach to ensure that children in all schools have an equitable and exemplary educational experience. Together, we are striving to eliminate financial barriers for students (and their families).
Our collective goals:
- Adopt a One Schoolhouse Approach to fundraising that provides an equitable distribution of resources and services to ensure excellence for all.
- Clarify roles and financial responsibility of parent groups (PTAs), boosters, activities, athletics, district and foundation;
- Revise fundraising, advertising and sponsorship policies and guidelines;
- Develop a checklist and/or rubric if/when fundraising is needed (e.g. recommended tools/vendors, guidelines for “big” trips/travel for team).
- March 1, 2017 Fundraising Summit
- March 26, 2018 Meeting with Booster Club Leaders
- May 30, 2018
- Oct. 15, 2018
- March 5, 2019
- May 7, 2019
- June 10, 2019
- Sept.10, 2019
- Oct. 15, 2019