Bellingham Public Schools recognizes the responsibility to develop and maintain programs to support the conservation of energy and natural resources. In recognition of this responsibility, the district will strive to institute effective energy management and provide information and develop conservation attitudes and skills for students and staff.
To achieve the objectives of energy management, the superintendent shall appoint a Resource Conservation Management (RCM) team to review plans for efficient energy management in the daily operation of the district’s facilities. The RCM team’s responsibilities will include:
- Assessing past and present energy consumption practices;
- Reviewing current operation and maintenance practices;
- Studying operation changes designed to reduce consumption and related costs;
- Monitoring energy management measures; and
- Ensuring instruction in energy use and conservation is incorporated into district curriculum;
The superintendent will receive periodic resource conservation reports.
In light of the increasing cost and dwindling supply of conventional energy sources, a life cycle cost analysis will be conducted for each major construction project.
Chapter 39.35 RCW Energy conservation in design of public facilities
2011 – October Issue