Selection of Architects or Engineers
When architectural and engineering services are required by the district, the following procedures will be in effect:
A. Announcement for professional services will be sent to publications of general circulation on each occasion when professional services are required or by annually announcing generally its projected requirements for professional services. Woman owned firms and veteran owed firms shall be afforded maximum practicable opportunities to complete.
The announcement will specify:
1. The general nature and scope of the project(s);
2. The district representative to contact for further details; and
3. The deadline for submission of letter of interest.
B. Each interested architect and/or engineer will be advised to submit a resume which includes as a minimum:
1. Description of professional staff and respective roles for each;
2. List of similar projects completed during a specified period and owner contact information;
3. Office location;
4. Firm history and related information;
5. Proposed consultant information;
6. Other information the district deems appropriate that will be helpful in identifying the firm deemed most highly qualified for the project.
C. Applicants will be screened by selected staff to identify firms to be interviewed;
D. One or more applicants will be interviewed by a selection committee approved by the superintendent.
E. The superintendent will recommend the firm deemed most highly qualified to the board for authorization to commence negotiations. If the superintendent is unable to negotiate a satisfactory contract, the next highest ranked firm will be contacted.