2022-23 Activities & Athletics
Elementary School Activities and Athletics Opportunities
Please contact your neighborhood elementary school office for information about elementary activities and athletics.
Vision and Mission
The Bellingham Public Schools Athletics and Activities Department provides guidance to students through athletics and activities as they develop into productive adults who understand that dedication, resiliency, and respect translate into success in life.
Vision: Our activities community, makes a collective commitment to Bellingham’s children. We will empower every child to discover and develop their passions, contribute to their community, and achieve a fulfilling and productive life.
Mission: We collectively commit that our students are cared for and respected, and that they will graduate from our schools prepared for success. All students will be exceptional in their own way, with strong character, a passion for learning, and ready for the widest range of educational and vocational options to support a diversity of life choices.
- We love all children.
- We meet and welcome each student where they are at.
- We Believe:
- The whole child is important
- Every child can learn and perform at high levels.
- Engaging in activities is lifelong and essential to a high quality of life.
- Compassion, service, and working towards a common goal builds community.
- Teaching children to do their best involves self-reflection and reaching higher.
- Diversity enhances a strong and health team and community.
- Together we achieve more than alone.
- Great coaching with strong support: high quality coaching occurs every day throughout our system. We support positive, responsive, and skilled coaching through the following:
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion: each of our teams, clubs, and activities strives to be more diverse, inclusive, and equitable with diverse coaches and leaders that are representative of our students and community.
- Early childhood opportunities: create opportunities for all children throughout Bellingham to be active in activities outside of the school day.
- Student, family, and community engagement: we develop partnerships with families and community partners to support the success of all our participants.
- Innovation and flexibility: we embrace change, growth, and creative thinking to continue to improve the student experience.
- A One Schoolhouse Approach: our programs are part of a larger One Schoolhouse, and we focus on taking care of each other. There is so much we can learn from one another, and we will build one another up.