The majority of our students will be attending in-person classes at their neighborhood schools. If you are not able or ready to return your child(ren) to in-person school at this time, we have created an option called Remote Reconnect, which has a more limited amount of live learning but allows students and families to maintain a connection with their neighborhood school, teacher and class.
- Remote Reconnect requires families to play a bigger role in remote learning because students will be spending more time accessing asynchronous learning activities and working independently.
- For grades K-3, families will support their children in accessing a district-created digital learning calendar with recorded videos, lessons and activities provided by the early learning team (not your current neighborhood school teacher). These students will access asynchronous lessons and activities Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and participate in live learning with their original neighborhood teacher and class on Wednesday mornings only. Students who receive Special Education services will continue to work with their Special Education teacher.
- For grades 4 and 5 students will access asynchronous activities, have independent work time on project and assignments, and also join in with their teacher and classmates periodically throughout the school days.
- Families can expect a conference with their neighborhood classroom teacher every four to six weeks.
- Remote Reconnect is for families who are still considering in-person learning at some point this school year. If your family is not planning to return to in-person learning at any time during the school year, we encourage you to read more about Bellingham Virtual Learning (BVL) or the Bellingham Family Partnership Program (BFPP). If you are choosing BVL or BFPP, please fill out our in-district transfer form 3131F and have a conversation with your school’s principal.
- If you are opting for Remote Reconnect, please contact your child’s principal as soon as possible so we can plan to provide you with the remote reconnect resources.